AllianceNRG Program FAQ
The AllianceNRG Program provides up to 100% financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy products for both residential and commercial property owners.
The AllianceNRG Program financing is repaid through your property tax bill and collected in the same manner as your regular property taxes. You will see an additional line item on your property tax bill for your scheduled payment. If you have your taxes escrowed by your mortgage lender, the bank will adjust your monthly payment to include the amount due for the AllianceNRG financing.
- All mortgage related debt plus the AllianceNRG financing may not exceed 100% of the value of the property.
- The Property Owner must be current on their mortgage at the time of the application without any delinquencies of more than 30 days in the past 12 months or since the property owner acquired the property, whichever is shorter.
- The Property taxes must be current with no more than one late payment or tax lien over the past 3 years.
- The Property must not be subject to outstanding involuntary liens such mechanics or municipal nuisance liens.
- The Property owner must not have declared bankruptcy in the last 7 years and must not be subject to an active bankruptcy.
Unlike other construction loans, AllianceNRG financing offers 100% of the cost of the improvement including development soft costs, the cost of the product , installations and other approved ancillary costs. AllianceNRG Program offers low- fixed interest rates and financing terms up to 30 years. Repayments are made through your property taxes and in case the property is sold, the remaining assessment can be passed to the new property owner.
AllianceNRG Program eligible contractors must meet the following Minimum Requirements:
- Possess all valid licenses, certifications and registrations (federal, state, and local) legally required to make the Qualifying Improvement(s);
- License must be active and not on probationary status;
- Maintain the appropriate insurance coverage for work to be performed;
- Satisfy workers' compensation requirements; and
- Satisfy other federal, state and local requirements associated with the Qualifying Improvement(s).
In addition, specialized improvements such as solar installation, flood mitigation or seismic retrofits may require additional certifications, licenses or training.
Please contact Contractors@AllianceNRG.com for further details.
To become an Eligible Contractor :
- Comply with the AllianceNRG Program Contractor Requirements;
- Submit a completed AllianceNRG Program Contractor Application online or call our Contractor Center at (800) 753 5585;
- Agree to adhere to the AllianceNRG Program Code of Conduct; and
- Attend a Training Class or Webinar.
Eligible Contractors automatically receive a listing in the online Directory that includes:
- Contractor Name;
- Company Name;
- Business Address;
- Company Website; and
- Service Offerings.
In addition to the listing, Eligible Contractors are eligible to work on AllianceNRG funded projects and have access to:
- Training on the AllianceNRG program;
- Marketing collateral;
- Co Branding opportunities
The AllianceNRG Program provides up to 100% financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
PACE is an acronym for “Property Assessed Clean Energy". A PACE program provides financing for property owners to make qualifying improvements to their businesses or homes. The financing is repaid through a non-ad valorem assessment on the property owner’s annual property tax bill.
1) Choose Your Project:
Work with an Eligible Contractor or Energy Developer to identify project(s) that are eligible for financing and that result in energy savings.
2) Apply For Financing:
The online application process is simple and AllianceNRG Ambassadors are available to help you. Completing the application does not obligate you to proceed with the project improvements. Your approval does not rely on your credit rating.
3) Install Projects and Get Funding:
Once your application is approved, you will execute financing documents that will result in a lien placed on your property for the amount to be financed. At this point, you may begin installation and receive funding for your project.
4) Make Payments:
You will repay the financed amount as a line item on your property taxes over the course of up to 30 years. If you sell the property, the new owner may assume the property tax payments or the loan may be prepaid as a negotiated condition of sale.
Each State has specific requirements however in general to be eligible property owners must:
- Be property owner of record; and their property must be located within the local authority jurisdiction.
- Be current on property taxes and mortgage payments;
- Not have filed for bankruptcy in the past 7 years; total timeframe requirement varies for each jurisdiction;
- Have no liens on the property other than lender debt and property taxes/special assessments for past 3 years; and
- Mortgage debt is not in excess of 90% of property value.
No. This financing is dependent only on the property eligibility criteria.
AllianceNRG Program financings are repaid through a special non-ad valorem assessment included on the property owner’s annual property tax bill. Because this assessment “runs with the land”, the assessment is assumable by a new property owner should the property be sold.
Property owners may choose from the list of AllianceNRG Program Eligible Contractors or have their contractor apply for the Program.
The AllianceNRG Program reviews the credentials of every contractor, ensuring that each contractor is licensed and insured. In addition, the AllianceNRG Program also reviews every proposal, making sure that the proposed costs and energy savings are reasonable. All work must be permitted and inspected by a local building official. Contractors are paid only after the work has been inspected and the property owner agrees that the work has been completed.
There are thousands of products that can be financed with the AllianceNRG Program such as :
Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Air conditioning;
- Water heating;
- Windows and doors;
- Insulation and duct sealing;
- Lighting and controls; and
- Electric vehicle charging equipment.
- Solar photovoltaic systems;
- Solar thermal systems;
- Solar water heaters and attic fans;
- Geothermal heating and cooling; and
- Wind microturbines.
The AllianceNRG Program is available only for improvements to be made to a property. Therefore, previously completed improvements are not eligible for financing.
New construction is not typically eligible for the AllianceNRG Program. However, if design changes can improve the energy and water use efficiency of a property, then these upgrades may be eligible for financing. Please consult with an by calling (855) 431 4400.
Unlike other construction loans, AllianceNRG Program offers 100% of the Seismic retrofit including development and soft costs, the cost of the product , installations and other approved ancillary costs. AllianceNRG Program offers low- fixed interest rates , financing terms up to 30 years for Seismic Retrofits. Repayments are made through your property taxes and in case the property is sold, the remaining assessment can be passed to the new property owner
The AllianceNRG Program will finance 100% of the seismic retrofit project, not just the structural steel or other hardening measure but all related work for the design. For example, if an electrical panel must be moved in order to properly locate a steel beam, the entire cost of the electrical work and new materials would be covered.
The AllianceNRG Program can be used to finance a condo association retrofit. AllianceNRG will need to review the HOA agreement as well as the CC&R (Conditions, Covenants and Restrictions) of the association to determine eligibility. Other conditions may apply. Please contact the AllianceNRG Program for details.
The AllianceNRG Program will need some additional information to determine eligibility. The AllianceNRG Program application is available online and our Ambassadors are available to assist you with any questions.
The interest rates for the AllianceNRG Program fluctuate with the market. Please contact an AllianceNRG Program Ambassador for the most current rates
Unlike other construction loans, the AllianceNRG Program finances up to 100% of the risk mitigation retrofit including development and soft costs, the cost of the product installations and other approved ancillary costs. The AllianceNRG Program offers low-fixed interest rates and financing terms up to 30 years for Flood and Wind Mitigation Retrofits. Repayments are made through your property taxes and in case the property is sold, the remaining assessment can be passed to the new property owner.
Alliance NRG can provide 100% financing on all types of wind resistance improvements, including, but not limited to:
- Strengthening the roof deck attachment;
- Creating a secondary water barrier to prevent water intrusion;
- Installing storm shutters; or
- Reinforcing roof-to-wall connections.
The AllianceNRG Program was formed by local governments for local governments with the special purpose to provide long-term financing for structural improvements that encourage renewable generation, energy efficiency and disaster resilience (wind, flood and seismic resiliency upgrades are available in certain areas or pending legislation). The AllianceNRG Program is an independent funding source, and any municipality may subscribe by resolution or ordinance to make this financing opportunity available for its community.